View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
HIgby442

Hey-hand in there. I know what your going through, but remember-the bad feelings are what your alcholism wants you to feel like. Try to focus on the good time you had sober-and dont discount that time at all-that was good time. Just focus on the good and try to move forward with your recovery. For me, I said, well, I can dwell on how bad I feel about a relapse, and I might drink again and I will still feel bad. Or, I could focus on the future, and how great it will be because I wont drink and I will be sober. Weigh the two, and I think the positive approach is what works.

I am sure it sounds easy for me to say all this stuff-but trust me I have been there. When you are positive, you are pushing away the dark and terrible side of alcoholism-and letting in all the good positive thoughts-that is what will lead you down the road of recovery. And, at least you will feel better about yourself.

I wish you the best and hope you can get over the relapse. Use it as a reminder, but dont let it be a setback. Jump up and move on from it-your on the right track. And, think of it this way-you relapsed but were able to stop after 2 days-you could still be in that relapse-so good job there.

All the best