View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by mentallyexh View Post
late....obviously been drinking. Now we have a 3 DAY OLD son who just got home from the hospital.....REALLY? he's going to start doing this again NOW!!!!! I was proud that I did not engage w/ him, just slept. This morning I simply asked if he had drank and he said no got angry hung up on me. THen later he admitted he had...I told him to please not lie to me anymore and he said he didn't...really he didn't lie to me that morning???????? Not only that but he claimed not to have gotten my messages/calls the prior night...........funny he had deleted ALL his messages from his phone. I knew he was headed back here...now I'm scared a little....scared of what I know I will have to do....................
Please don't ask an active alcoholic a question you know the answer to. You are setting yourself up for resentments, anger, and frustration. He was drinking because it is what he does and wants to do. You know he is drinking. period.

Asking him if he drank is giving him the opportunity to lie. You both know he lies to you. Why start your day with asking him to lie to you?

Your newborn son is dependent on you for all of his care. He is not powerful enough to change your alcoholic.

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and our lives had become unmanageable.