Thread: feeling sick
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 01:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ready to Change

I know what you're going through, I've been there a few times. The last time I "quit forever", after about 2 straight weeks of drinking a pint of 100 proof vodka each night I decided to stop (I don't even have the time to state the reasons, but I'm sure you all know. I was disgusted with myself, i had made a fool of myself many times and felt horrible physically). My withdrawal was so bad. By the next night I was shaking, sweating, itchy all over, and I felt so sick to my stomach I couldn't stand it. My head felt funny too, in a way I can't describe. It felt like my brain was going to explode. So I called my doctor's office and reached the on call doctor (it was a weekend), and after hearing my symptoms he wanted me to go to the hospital. So I spend about 4 hours hooked up to IV. Right after getting hooked up I had to ask for a bucket because I was going to get sick - the first time in 21 YEARS! Even with my very heavy drinking I never barfed. Even the common "stomach bug" doesn't make me sick. Well that night I felt the worst I ever have.

You would think I should have learned my lesson, but sadly I'm back at it. I want to stop, but I don't, I'm a mess. Ugghhh...you are posting because you need advice and all I'm doing is talking about myself.

I'll just say good luck. Hopefully this is the only time you will go through this and I hope you succeed. Drink TONS of water, I'm sure you're dehydrated. Drink some kind of fruit juice. Make yourself eat, even if you feel sick, because it will make your stomach better, as hard as that is to believe. But start with lots of water.