Old 04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
homeandaway

im confused, can things only be one way or the other?

I caved yesterday, day 4, so here I am again on day 1. Spent half the day reading about how to manage stress, as I had to think about how I got myself into a lather yesterday leading to buying some cigarettes and wine. I felt really spineless, how I just give in when the going gets tough, and its not in terms of substance cravings, more not bearing being in my own head. Anyway, that aside. I am learning a lot on here, to take very seriously my endeavours to get clear of alcohol abuse. However, what is the defining point between people who can, and people who cant drink? If I get on top of the issues that underlie why I drink, will I be able to drink socially? What can people tell me about this?

In my head when I drunk last night, I was combatting my warpy thinking with wise words from this community, it was really great (even tho' it added to my feeling like a loser ten fold) especially comments around spending lots of wasted years trying to control drinking and realising its a losing battle....thats probably me about now.

Anyway, Im wholeheartedly starting again...just Im preparing myself for the little mind trip that will start around day three

Thanks for listening!