View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
kyb5
04-04-2011

Well I made it through day 3....finally! Big hurdle.

Went to church in the morning with my family. Spent the rest of the day cleaning house and playing with my kids. Had lots of energy and a clear mind.

So does this mean the alcohol is finally all out of my system? I know that doesn't mean the urges will stop but it would be nice to know that it's all out.

Was in a real good mood today; not cranky or depressed. I think I'm finally at that point that I know that I really don't want to drink anymore. Don't know why it's different this time. I'm just tired of the old life with all the stress and lies and feeling bad all the time.

It's weird that I still think all day about drinking. But now it's not about where I'm going to get the money to buy it or how I'm going to sneak away to drink it and how I'm going to hide it. Now it's; ok how am I going to occupy my mind and time so I don't have those thoughts and how am I going to keep away from it.

Coming here and posting and reading about how everyone is doing....I just can't begin to express how much it's helping. I know I've got a network of other going through the same thing. And most importantly; I don't what to let any of you down by slipping up again.

Anyway.....looking forward to tomorrow and the coming week. Definitely going to stick with it.

Thanks for reading. Congrats to everyone and keep up the good work. We'll make it together!

Woohoo! Go us!!