View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((TheJoshling)))

Welcome to SR!!!

It's great to see someone so young, willing to give up the life of addiction and begin a life of recovery. I truly wish I had done something when I was younger, rather than wait until I was decades older.

You will find you are in good company...many, many people here who have done various drugs/alcohol and have all types of life experiences. SR has been a HUGE part of my recovery, and I've made many friends here and have yet to have any situation come up that I couldn't come here and get great ES&H (experience, strength and hope). There are people here of all ages, from all parts of the world.

I hope you make yourself comfortable, read around and post whenever your comfortable. This forum is great, but you may also want to check out the substance abuse forum. We also have a Christian recovery forum. I tend to "fit" in several forums, and get tremendous support wherever I post.

I won't kid you..recovery isn't easy, but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. I am finally living the life I believe God meant for me to live, though I am decades older than you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy