View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Freeport

You can go back to 11 months ago and read some of my early posts on this topic. Yeah, I've had a few people hassle me about not drinking, and all the clichés are true: They're typically the people that probably have a problem of their own. In the final wash, the pressure from those folks was kinda pathetic and likely had the opposite effect, meaning it increased my resolve to remain sober.

There's only person whose pressure on me to drink has been nearly overwhelming at times: my own. I've gotten through it through SR and remaining steadfast and resolute to the principles of sobriety and promises to myself that I set during the first few weeks of quitting booze. That was my biggest hurdle, and I suspect it applies to nearly everyone here. As for social settings, you've already got that dialed in. Plan ahead and bring NA beverages of your choice. I'm a corn-syrup-free root beer and Coca-Cola guy. (I find some grocery stores carry Coke from Mexico, where they still use sugar!)

When you find yourself in a troublesome zone, Pricey, log on to SR. I have many, many times.