View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
atalose

Pills, Pills, Pills and more pills

Back injuries for addicts is not pleasant, looking at those pill bottles that say take as needed is like winning the super bowl for addiction. The pain management doctor is standing on the sidelines calling in the winning plays.

He's been laid off from work for over a month, and his days are filled with counting pills, taking pills, counting pills, worrying about getting more pills, scamming more prescriptions, using various different pharmacies and always having a zero balance in his checking account.

My days have been filled with going to work, calling my sponsor and getting to as many meetings as I possible can. My daily mantra is let go and let god!!!!!! I am doing what I need to do for me, I am not giving him any money and when he attempts to scam me by saying certain bills need to be paid I tell him ok then give me the bill and I will take care of it.........that of course causes him distress and anger erupts...........o well I refuse to back down on my boundary and he knows that, those conflicts are becoming less and less.

Yesterday he started his rants about going to detox and getting himself help, today he's scamming his friend (the PA at the pain management doctor) for more pills. It was a conversation I could not help over hearing. Again let go and let god!!!!

Tomorrow he has an appointment with yet another pain management doctor to get on suboxone. He has called a dextor center but they need results from his last blood work reference his lithium count before they will take him. He did call his doctor for that but left a message that was not understandly and they called him back. He's confused on who called him and why so he contacted his insurance carrier to find out if they approved it and they have no clue what he is talking about..........so again...let go and let god.....if this is the path he truly wants to take he'll figure it out.

I guess I am just venting and needing some support to keep me out of “crazyville” with my own obsession of his addiction.

Heading out to lunch with a friend from al-anon and doing what I need to do for me.