View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I avoided wet places in the first few months until i plain just was not interested in going to them anyway...i had reason to attend a couple of events which were pretty dull so left when the non-alcoholic people did rather than be the last one to be poured out of the door after starting verbally on someone, which was a nice switch!

I got confortable pretty quick with not drinking and it was a massive relief for me to not have to do so again...i did a lot of work on myself in the first few months in AA which was suggested and now i am completely comfortable saying i dont drink, have been out on a few social occasions and had a couple of discussions about alcoholism, me with a diet coke and them with a pint...

Some people never get that comfortable...i guess it depends on how far you are willing to go and how much you are willing to put into this sobriety thing to determine the level of freedom that you will have from your alcoholism.

I have lied all my life and i am not prepared to do so anymore, it is a threat to my sobriety so if asked direct am i an alcoholis or do i attend alcoholics anonymous i will say yes and have done...if i lose a job or lose a friend i would take that anyday over losing my sobriety which after a time will cause me to lose my life. That and i quite like the guy who looks back in the mirror now and he isnīt ashamed of who he is anymore.

Just my experience:-)