View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cleanlivin

Smile Normal Withdraw Symptoms??

Hi guys....

I have been an avid reader on this site but not so much a poster due to the lack of quiet time I have because of the kids. I have been wanting to quit drinking for quite some time and finally taken the steps to do so but am feeling really horrible pending the day.

I am not a heavy drinker, but I do love my wine. I honestly just love the taste of a very good red wine. With age (I am 36) wine seems to give me worsening headaches and a groggy/static feeling in the mornings. This even happens with just one glass. Anywhooo....My drinking has definitely dwindled over the years with occassional splurges on special occassions, but the feelings of how I feel afterwards are too much to bear...depresses, anxious....etc.

I have two kids who are terrific, 3 & 5....boys.....who, if I am not in the best state of mind, can trigger a lot of anger and outbursts. A big reason I want to quit drinking and be the best I can be. My husband is attempting to quit drinking with me as he can be an out-of-control drinker when left alone. So this whole process is difficult.

I just want to know if I am going to feel better. I hear some people are feeling sooo great right after stopping. I don't feel that way. I don't feel the clarity. I kinda feel just as worse as I do when I do drink minus the glass of wine in my hand.

Please wish me luck and say LOTS of prayers for me. Tonight is my Mom's Big 60th Bday bash at a country club and there will be lots of alcohol. I don't feel super tempted at the moment, but of course the wine in front of my face could change that. That and the fact I already feel like crap today so 'mize'll thrown some wine in with it.......your thoughts and advice.......