View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Em002

I can't tell you how much I relate to you right now. I too have been taken to the hospital a couple times for passing out in public. I knew in the back of my head though that I did have an issue because who in their right mind keeps ending up in the ER.

Same story too I was drinking everyday and I couldnt make it one day either without feeling like I was going to either kill myself or drink. I also choose to drink then. I went to AA and kept holding onto that I didn't know for sure that I was an alcoholic. I drank again of course and now I am back in AA and have been sober a little over a year.

What helped me was looking at the facts. For my first step with my sponsor she had me write out my life story and it was completely undeniable that my life was a mess and that I did not have a normal relationship with alcohol.

I also relate to the cravings recently I have wanted to drink again. My friend reminds me almost daily- "Even if you feel like you want to drink and need to- you really don't have to." If you want this craziness to stop which I think you do why not just start by checking out one meeting. Just one hour out of the day. You can even go if you are still drinking you still hear the message. There are people there that have been where you are and even if it doesn't seem like it life can get better. Those circumstance that you talked about won't change though they will still suck but your reaction to that might be a little easier.

Hang in there and give yourself a chance.