Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
FrancoSarto

Mek, there are many things that spring to my mind. I'm a 51 year old woman, who, back in the late 1970's, did just about any drug or drink that came along. I started at about age 15, and it continued until I was 24 or so. By that time, I had 2 kids, was married, and we had gotten involved in a good local church. I was sober for the next 15 years or so. Little by little, we allowed wine back into our lives. The life threw me some real curves, and aside from about 200 days back in 2005-2006, I have drank almost every single day since about 2001.

First of all, you are putting yourself at incredible physical risk by drinking heavily and getting high while out with friends. Do you know everyone who is around you? Are you drinking things that other folks are offering you? Do you know what could be in those drinks?

You say you "can't quit". Yes, you can. But you're going to have to change your circle of friends in order to do that. You have to take yourself away from the scene of the "crime" so to speak.

Just like I can't go sit at the local Pizza/Bar joint right now. It would be tremendous temptation, which I don't need. What I do need to do is to stay sober.

If you are this far down the road at age 21, imagine where you will be in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years. Really think about it. Is that where you want to be?

At 21, you don't need to tell your parents if you can't right now. You're an adult. You can find a AA meeting, or talk to your doctor in private. But you must do something to stop what is only going to be a downward spiral. It's only going to get worse.