View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i don't know if this will help or not....just my two cents from the addict perspective......he drinks EVERY DAY....so he's never SOBER.......he's just not DRUNK again yet. there is no SOBER hon....no quantifiable amount of time for the body to completely detox from the alcohol and the mind to release the dependence. you're looking for something that simply does not exist!!!!
This was my experience with my xah. If we did have a conversation that i thought was 'real' it didn't matter because he'd be drinking again in hours and nothing changed - nothing. I think the conversations happened just to placate me. They were just time holders.

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
next time you have something during your day you want to share, pick somebody else. rely less upon the unreliable. your frustration level will drop dramatically!!!
Yes! This is what I meant by building your own personal support system over the next couple of months.

I also want to say - wise choice to not talk to him for the rest of today. You already know he is drinking so just don't answer the phone when he calls. Sending you some cyber vibes to be strong and uphold your boundaries today!