View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
losingfaith

Just wanted to update you guys! It's been a tough 2 months dealing with her I hardly have time to think for myself after listening to my mom go on and on. but a week ago a line was crossed. My little niece is 3 yrs old and had an accident in her pants, so my sister took her to her boyfriend and let him spank her because they were so messed up and frustrated at the 3 yr old for the accident, not looking at the real problem. That man spanked her so hard it left bruises. I grew up with that kind of abuse and so did my sister. and to see a photo and know she allowed this set off some rage inside of me. so i immediately called the kids father, not knowing exactly what to do. and told him about what was going on. he went to the police department and filed a report. CPS was sent out to investigate. my sister called me that night so angry with me. i screamed at her and got out all she needed to know i felt. nothing was said that wasn't facts but it felt really good to say it to her. she still doesn't see that anything that happened was wrong on her part. CPS has put in a contract that she has to go to parenting classes and take drug tests. but it doesn't seem to hit home how serious this is. she was out the last couple of nights drinking and doing all kinds of bad drugs. we know there is a warrant for the boyfriend. and we are just patiently waiting to find out when they are going to pick him up and what happens next. I don't feel good about her getting in trouble and i hate that she is in pain BUT she caused this herself. my worry was those 2 kids and i cannot imagine how you could let something happen to them. after our argument and the nasty hurtful things she said I'm done with her till she gets help and can see the wrong in the situation. I know it was the right thing to do on the kids part but my heart aches for my sister to wake up.
And thank you to all the kind words and support. It truly helps the soul knowing someone knows what i'm going through and I'm not alone