View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Keep up the good work and indifference will come, he will be less and less important. When I think Ex runs the show I get depressed and it sucks - however when I run my own show things can be great and wonderful and motivating. Focus, focus! you, HP, beauty around you, your plans and activities.

Although my parents are not alcoholics thank God, I grew lots of resentment towards my dad. When I was older I was able to see who was there for me in the good and the bad and who lived with me all my mistakes and triumphs... later on I finally forgave my dad for being human and missing most of my life.

Bottomline, the relation between your kid and her dad is between them, you got no control over it, but you got control over setting a good example for the woman you aspire your DD to be. And enjoying your own life.

I had no kids with the alkie I met and don't know how many of you gather so much strength. You are doing great.

Have you tried affirmations? our mind is a powerful thing.
"thank you God, for giving me health and wellbeing" don't focus on the aches or else they will stay. Try to imagine how it feels to be healthy again and bring that feeling back to you. Act as if you were superhealthy again, thank God you're back on track and happy once again. This is such a cliche but lately I am experimenting with affirmations and I'm astonished at the results...

With alkie I had tons of funny aches that disappeared magically after I let him go physically and after a time of letting go emotionally.

Yoga?