View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Music

Originally Posted by intention View Post
I love this paragraph from one of the stories. I could not stay sober until I accepted my alcoholism.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake." - Now that I know this, life takes on a whole new meaning.
I don't look at particular incidents as being the point of the quote. Nothing happens by mistake. If I hadn't experienced the unacceptable, I'd never know what is acceptable. Me being an alcoholic, doing, saying and thinking all the things that come along with the malady taught me my actions were unacceptable and that's what I focus on accepting. God doesn't make mistakes. Could God have jumped in and prevented me from experiencing all those terrible things that happened? Of course!! But He didn't! In order for me to be where I'm at now, I had to experience all those things. Similar to the crucifixion and reserection of Jesus. God could have prevented all that from happening but He didn't. The impact wouldn't have been the same. In a manner of speaking, I was crucified by alcohol and reserected by AA. Nothing happens in God's world by mistake. That's what I accept.