View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Hmm i can say that i find things unacceptable until i am blue in the face but the fact is that things did or do happen and will continue to do so, so i have to accept that and then i can take action or not...

Something comes up the quicker i accept it, the quicker i can do something about it or not...i can sit there all day over coffee saying how unacceptable it is...won't change a thing for me or anyone else...

Pink one of your examples, i had to accept the past before clearing the wreckage...i spent a load of my time not accepting things and finding them unacceptable, consoling myself with the fact that yes i do find that unacceptable and i'm sure won't do it again, which gave me carte blanche to do nothing about them...

Barb the things you outlined are completely unacceptable to me too, but i do accept that they happen...alot more than most people realise...if more people accepted they do happen then they may not get swept under the rug so readily...

Maybe ive got a different view on what acceptance means, it doesn't mean just accepting something then going merrily on my way with a smile on my face and i don't think that is what the passage means either...acceptance is a prelude to action or no action...to me anyway!

I'm sure someone could pick the bones out of that and re-word it to make more sense!