View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LouisC8128

Yes, I do know she misses her drinking partner. Even though we don't fight as much and life overall is better for us and the kids, my wife appears to be more depressed than before! She spends most of the weekend sitting in front of the TV. I'm slowly getting her outside to do other things like, walking, trap, & archery.

I'll tell ya, it is amazing how much of our lives revolved around drinking. We used to go to jazz clubs, dinner out, happy-hour, a bottle of wine (or two) in front of the fire...etc...together. What woke me up last fall was I realized that I was driving drunk more and more... 3 times in a month! Before that I was a "responsible" drunk. It scared the hell out of me. I was afraid I was going to kill someone or myself.

So, these days, I'm trying different activities to keep us in synch.

coffeenut
I agree Louis, she misses her drinking partner. You know how you hid drinking from her? Well, she is probably hiding it from you as well. Having you drinking again would make her drinking life easier.

I'm glad you came to SR. Part of getting sober is growing in your relationships. It's tough...but it's easier to do than being a drunk.

Stick around. Lots of good stuff here.