View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I think I have been hoodwinked!!

By my own father! What do you do with that?

I cant even believe I have to try and process something like this.
Remember the 4 flats I got on my last run?
Well my gram had my dad help her get the new tires on the van since3 it was immobile.
She gave him the money (my money, I was in halfway house) to go buy them. He put them on. I told her make sure she got the receipt. She said he told her he left it in his other jacket. Never did produce the receipt.
Well the truth comes out. The tires are suppose to be 70R but he got 75R because he said they were cheaper. Now they are rubbing right on the bottom of the shocks.
I told him they were rubbing and he was like he dont know what it could be. I then told him my friend said the tires were too big and he all of a sudden said he would come look at it.
He comes and then tells me the truth that he didnt get the right ones on purpose. But told me to havbe my uncle fix it and then he left.
WTF???
My dad is a sheister. He works people alot. But I never thought he would his own family.
I really dont know for sure if he got the tires somewhere else for nothing and pocketed the money or he did just get the wrong ones because they were cheaper. I dont lnow what to believe. I know I need to buy at least 2 new tires now...AGAIN!! Its pretty bad when you dont trust your own flesh and blood.
I dont know what to do with this. What if I didnt find out until the dam tires blew going down the highway one day? With friends or the kids in the car?
That just isnt safe. I dont care if the other ones were more money. I had the money and he didnt even ask to see if I could pay for the right ones. Is a few dollars worth that?
I hate thinking my father would be like that with me. There is just so much BS that goes along with trying to have a relationship with him. I cant do it anymore.
I need to just keep my distance I guess. I love my dad so much. But I cant be feeling like I cant trust him or have to act like I like his wife when really I hate her with every fiber of my being.He has been sober for 24 years. I look up to that. I am proud of that. But 24 yrs of sobriety doesnt mean **** if your going to be a con artist.
I am very sad about this. It hurts my heart.

Sry I feel like I am being needy again. I just dont understand.