Thread: Class of 2008
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
HideorSeek

Morning all! I remember some of you from wayyyyyyy back and some are new for me. Would you mind refreshing my brain a bit, with a little of your story? If not, that's OK too.

But since I asked, I'll go first. I have been posting here on SR since 4/08. I spent so much time on the 2 week thread, in particular, that I think I'm responsible for the interior decor. I was stuck in the 3 days sober, 1 day smashed, 3 days sober... cycle for a long, long time. In September of 08, I managed to break that cycle and would manage to put together a couple of months, but would lose it for a night, periodically. I wasn't totally sober, but put together enough time that I could appreciate all of the richness that sobriety can bring. And I felt hope, for the first time. I can't really say what finally pushed me over the edge. I was just so tired of repeating the same old thing, over and over. And I felt a bone chilling despair that I was very close to losing my family, certainly, but my sanity as well. I have been sober since 5/21/09.