View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Thanks again guys!!! I love SR because of the fantastic support. We are all different and have had different experiences but the constant is the fact that we are not judged. I have quit cold turkey before and will do it again. Considering how I was a closet every night drinker, I was amazed that my withdrawals were 100 times worse. I just know here that we don't have for spouses the treatments that we have back in the states. Also, we can have people question or be concerned but doing something that my directly affect hubby's job or status here with his commander (ie: my showing up at the ER for alcohol withdrawal and have taken pills) wouldn't go over well. I would rather people think I am a bitch or a bit out there then to have them know what happened as people are quick to tag it to the active duty's career. I won't do that to him.....

You make an excellent point on the vitamins and B12. I have those and I am going to take them. I was religious about taking them when I quit before and my Dr. said to keep up on those because of the thiamin deficiency.

I so love having you guys here. I can post whenever I need to and I know someone out there is reading. I think the most important part of staying sober is your personal commitment to staying sober and having support. Those that you can talk to and help you see it through.