View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
WhiteWave
Wandering Student of Life

You have me Kim!
Do you have a multi-vitamin in the house? How about a b-complex one, you know, one that has B1, B2, B6, and B12? I know both are very beneficial after not being able to keep food down for days and getting dehydrated. Start lowering the lighting now too - you know, mood lighting, lol. If you're worried about the anxiety meds backfiring and actually causing you more anxiety, you could instead try a high dose of Benadryl. For allergy and whatnot relief, you're supposed to take 50mg. For some people, this dose is enough to also have a calming and drowsy effect. Since you're going through withdrawal, 75mg would be well within the safe zone and probably give you a good solid couple of hours of relief, and might help you fall asleep (and stay asleep too!).

For bed tonight, I recommend wearing socks - 'cause you'll likely either get hot flashes or chills, or both - and having covered feet helps the body normalize faster after experiencing such extremes. Have a heavy blanket you can pull up if you get the chills/shudders, and have a glass of ice melting away on your nightstand. As it melts, you'll get ice-cold water to drink if you're getting the hot flashes.

You're not alone Kim! SR is a great place to be, and probably one of the best for you right now

Hang in there, and I'll be thinking about you and checking in tonight and tomorrow!