View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

I took hydroxyzine for the itching and the anxiety. I swear I had never felt that bad before every. I mean I can do serious damage with a 5 liter box of wine and hadn't even drank that much but at the end of day 2 I was out of it like a zombie. I couldn't talk because my tongue had become so swollen and was so dry. I was confused, disoriented and have no clue what I was saying to people. Just awful and then when I woke up, I must have spent 8 hours violenting shaking and puking my brains out. I couldn't hold anything down and even now still am nauseas but its getting better. All I know is that I made a huge mistake drinking and of course starting a new med.

I just hope I get some word from hubby so I can get relief but no worries as I am not touching the bottle and tossed those pills. My hubby is allergic to lexapro and many years back after his divorce he was prescribed the pill to handle the anxiety and had a seizure and literally stopped breathing. He knows first hand how we can turn to drinking to get through rough patches but he got over it and moved on. This is why I feel so safe with him because he understands what it is like. He rarely drinks now anyways but he is so non judgmental and doesn't sit up on his throne like some people will do if they find out you have a dependency issues.

It is funny and i wonder if anyone else felt this way......when I quit drinking in January, nobody really noticed or knew. When I told my Dad he was rather blase about it. He was one who harped on me for the longest time to quit and then he was ho hum. When he found out I relapsed he was all over me in such a way it was mocking and critical. I felt awful and seriously don't think I have support from him. I guess I remember those who are supportive when the chips are down and I was so angered by him. Its like tell me something I don't already know.

Ok guys....again I am rambling here but it helps me and having SR is how I quit before so this is the best support for me. Posting on my journey is key for me.

Thanks all!!! Kim