Old 04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BrandyLyn27

First time here. 42 days clean. Question for you guys

I found myself sitting at my computer before my NA meeting wondering if I could find any ways to be in contact with others like me! Here I am! 42 days clean and sober.
I am greatful to find this place! There is alot of hope and experience here and thats just what I need! Like they say you have to learn to live life on lifes terms and I am not having such a great time with that. I am dealing with my fiance's family assuming I will never be anything but a practising addict. It frusterates me so much. Ive never wanted this more and for people to damn me before I barely get out of the gate is hard on me.
I attend out patient treatment as well as meetings and do all I can for my sobriety. It frusterates me so bad. His mother screamed at me DRUGGY and proceeded to rip my heart out of my chest by asking me why I wanted to ruin her sons life and she wishes hed leave me. We have a 18month old son together and are very much in love. He is supportive and loving to me and we are working through this together.... its just hard. I am so much more than an addict. In early recovery it can sometimes feel like that is all I am though. I know it will get better. I know that time will prove to them that I am serious. Its just waiting for that im having a hard time with!
Has anyone else had to go through this? If so, what did you do to give yourself a little peice of mind through it?

Last edited by BrandyLyn27; 04-16-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: diff title