Thread: Down and sad
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
IamSaved

I was not suggesting A's do NOT have feelings. Their feelings are not rational or normal. She is probably not feeling what you think she is, because her feelings are numbed by alcohol.

She cannot feel pain in losing you, because her first and only love is the alcohol. It would give her MORE PAIN to loose the booze, than lose loving, caring people in her life. Ridiculous? Of course! Baffling? YES, to the normal, rational, undiseased mind. To the mind of an A, YOU are the problem, and not having you around, gives her the freedom to pursue her love...alcohol.

Sad, terrible and depressing, but a fact of life with an A. It completely baffled me when I left my A, and he didn't come after me. He chose the bars, karoake and booze over us. He let me go, and chose instead to continue his affair with his beer. THAT is what he needs more than he needed me, or our future. Maybe someday that will change. But I am not willing to wait for that day to come. I have a chance at a new life, with a man who loves ME more than the drink. And honey, I'm taking that over living with an irrational, blameshifting, abusive, sad, depressed drunk.

Life is good, and this too shall pass! Stay strong!