View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FrancoSarto

Sort of new here, another new beginning

Hi all. I joined here about a year ago, but don't think I ever posted. Once again I find myself in the quest for sobriety. The story is long, but I'm sure not unusual.

About 4 years ago, I did have 200+ days of sobriety, which I let slip away for various reasons. Last Sunday, I decided I had had enough. I am not the person I want to be. This is no way to live...you get the idea. I have drank every day for the most part for the past 3 years, which the exception of a day here or there. I was drinking a 12 pack per day, then switched to Vodka, a bottle per day, some days more than that. Ridiculous.

So, here I am on day 5. I'm feeling pretty good actually, but have not done much this week except read and sit on my butt. I have accepted the fact that I cannot "social drink". Just like the things I am allergic to...I must fully abstain from alcohol in any form.

I've talked to my doctor about it, and have the total support of my husband and a close friend. I'm hoping to draw support and knowledge from here as well. That's not to mention that I'm also a Christian who is fully standing on the promises of God to me.

Here's to day 5 with the rest of my life to follow. (I'm a 51 year old woman btw)