Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FinDuVin

I posted the following in "The Mens Room" forum, dunno if you're a man or not so I'm pasting it here for you, maybe it helps a bit..

One of the scariest things about coming off grog was this: How will I ever sleep?
Sound familiar? Even the times when I really wanted to give up grog were spoiled and wasted because I just had to have a couple to get me off to sleep otherwise I’d be no good at work the next day. I even justified it saying to myself that if I didn’t sleep I’d be a danger to those around me. It never seemed to matter that I drove a 2 ton truck every morning with a head full of ****, or operated machinery whilst, basically, drunk or supervised crane operators and loaded boats in that state...
Well , I got wise in the end and worked out that being tired would be the lesser of many evils and on the first night I just resigned myself to insomnia. I had two cups of Camomile tea and went out like a light for 6 hours, the best sleep I’ve had in years. And it’s been the same since. Bedtime doesn’t fill me with the terrors of sleeplessness now that I’m not afraid of it.
I just thought I’d share that because I know that it’s scary and that’s how I got over it, maybe it will help someone else take that first step....? Thanks for looking. Jim