Thread: Class of 2008
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Philly

Hi everyone,

Thanks JIT, I'm sure you will entertain on this thread too. I am also from the class of July 2008. I don't think I could have stayed sober without this web-site. I did not join until October 2008 but you would now believe the relief I had when I found this site. And to actually have a thread with the same month as me. I was about 3 months sober at the time and was unsure if I would ever be able to laugh again. I do not attend AA so this was truly a godsend. I also do alot of reading about recovery. The only obstacle I have not hurdled yet is a wedding. I have one in the beginning of June and another in September. We have some high end weddings here with martini bars (my favorite) and top shelf open bars. See I don't come here ofter but it seem like when I do I am always rambling.

Again thanks JIT for now I have 2 threads to check out when I do get here. Hope things are ok or at least tolerable on the home front. At first I think it was harder to deal with "things" when we were first sober but for me anyway it seems to not bother me as much.