View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Doesn't sound right to me but as mentioned it could be a controlling issue or just her wish that you could have a few & be that "funny" talkative guy with the glow on.

Maybe you could share why you came here & even your first post. Its obvious that you care about your family & want a better life for yourself & them.

Having a straight forward, loving conversation about the changes you are trying to make & why will allow her to feel that she is a part of your recovery as opposed to a bystander looking to to control the situation.

Just an opinion/thought of someone who wants to see you succeed in beating this addiction.

All of the best in your recovery.

NB

Originally Posted by AchilleysTendon View Post
First, I would like to thank you all for your post's. They were of great help to me today. I honestly thought I was the only person who drank to extreme's. It is really encouraging to see all the people who have booted this horrible habit! I am an alcoholic, one drink is never enough for me.
Here is my fear, I get sober for a couple of weeks and think I can handle drinking, and I can't! I know that now. Any advice of what to do when that feeling creeps up. I am assuming it will again. For now I just think about how hard drinking is on my family. Thanks in advance!
AT.