Old 04-13-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Oh boy, I'm so sorry he's being such a selfish jerk, especially considering what you're going through with your pregnancy. You have EVERY FRIGGIN RIGHT to be angry at him, and it's entirely normal to feel conflicted about him. You're used to feeling sorry for him, to "being there" for him, but you're also starting to realize that he's entirely and completely focused on himself, no matter what is going on around him.

Sadly, I don't believe he'll ever look at himself and realize what a mess he is. My AH never did. I supported him, his son and myself while pregnant for several months, while he sat on his butt at home, complaining that we lived in a racist province, refusing to take jobs he considered "beneath him"...we struggled for food and we didn't pay rent for a few months...and yet he contiued to drink and smoke and whine. Boohoo for him. It's only when my contract ended that miraculously, I found him a job he managed to keep.

I wish you the same sort of grace from HP, and wish you a peaceful birth away from this "man's" b.s.