Thread: Please assist
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trin

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
hi. Welcome. Please read all you can on this website.

And be careful. Cocaine can cause a syndrome called cocaine induced psychosis and it's very dangerous. Sounds like your husband may be suffering from it. The accusations of having an affair and extreme verbal abuse are very typical.

Please have a safe place to go and if you feel threatened, take it very seriously. Cocaine makes people crazy.

Protect your money. Put it in a safe place.

Hide your car keys and anything of value.

If you have kids - don't let him be around them unsupervised. Cocaine addicts make deadly baby sitters.

Remember this: You can't save him. He will NOT quit using until the consequences of using are worse that the cravings for the drug. For some people that never happens. So take care of yourself. Do what ever it takes to protect yourself from his addiction.

By the way - I have experience in this area - I am a former cocaine addict with 4 years clean and my son's father is a continuously relapsing cocaine addict. So I'm not just making this stuff up or trying to be an alarmist. Cocaine is a horrible drug that steals your soul and turns you into someone that you never thought you would be. It sucks the life out of you. When you are using, you are not human - you are a machine and the only thing that matters is more drugs.
Thank you for your advise. Can you tell me why it is that he is happy one minute and the next is in a really bad mood?