View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Haon

Definitely in the Class

Still learning ALL of the conversations going on in this place. Hard for me to keep track of as I am not an avid forum/facebook kind of guy. That said, my date is April 7th this year and I could not be happier for making the decision. Regular beer binger for the last 19 years (although I put 18 in my newbie message, I did a recount!) Deetox was not bad for me due to my drinking pattern. Although I have to admit, this mental clarity is incredible! I have to pace myself and my conversations as I can't remember thinking this clearly in quite some time. My performance at work is definitely enhanced and my interactions with my wife and daughter are much improved. My patience has been a little shorter (go figure) but I have been very aware of that and tempering responses accordingly (my wife verified this one for me.) I know there will be rough days ahead, but this isn't one of them and for that I am thankful.
I haven't drawn in years and I actually free handed a large butterfly on my daughters play table this weekend that my wife is painting. So cool! So glad I woke up before these years passed me by. I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, but I am just so grateful that my time is now.
I will definitely be checking in. Stay strong Class of April 2010!