Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Horselover

Wow! That is a lot to swallow for sure. My only thought about this is that all these things would happen if you were sober or you weren't. Life seems to attack us at times, but the sober self doesn't shrivel up and crawl under the covers like the alcoholic. The sober self tries to reason things out and go with it.

The Serenity Prayer has helped me countless times and I pray that it helps you, but you really have to apply this to the things that are clouding your world right now. Posting it here for you -

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Okay the first part is the one I have heard most often but the second paragraph is good too. Kind of ying and yang; good and bad. You can't know happiness if you have not endured sadness. You need to have a comparison.

The second paragraph is also directed to people that believe in a power greater then themselves. The world is much easier if you believe there is something else that is in charge. I don't know if that's your belief or not and so pardon me if this does not apply to you. I am only "trying" to help.

The problem with your situation is it is all coming at you at once. Do you meditate? How about exercise? You have to find a way to release that stress that's building in you so you don't get sick.