Old 04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2besober

My life seems to be geeting harder not easier

I am so frustrated. I am nearly 4 months sober. During this period, my sister who is my dearest friend and a non-smoker, has been diagnosed with stage IV metastatic lung cancer, my father is in rehab after a surgery that led to a horrible infection and my partner's migraine condition seems to be getting worse right now. The situation with my partner leave e to tend to our children (one of whom has cerebral palsy) on my own along with helping mys sister, mother and father. The situation with my sister is utterly devastating. It is hard for me to concentrate at work and yet, this is an extraordinarily busy time at work. Every place I look, I see stress and I really feel lile I can't take it. I don't want to drink but I also don't want to live like this.

How is it possible that I try to get myself in a better place by quitting alcohol only to find myself in one of the shittiest places of my entire life?

I also have a Stage IV breast cancer that has thankfully been in a complete remission for 3 years. I am so scared that all this stress is going to awaken the cancer at some point. I quit drinking to live sober and because alcohol is not a good thing for people with breast cancer.

I thought life would improve sober but it has actually gotten a lot worse. For today I will not drink over it but man, this totally sucks.

2be