Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Almath

Dear MaryRita,

I'm really glad you found this site as it will give you a tremendous amount of strength and support. I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mother and the difficult times you are going through.. I also agree with Anna and Clifty: you need to now look after yourself and your precious little one. Maybe you could get to an AA meeting in your local area which would also be a way of meeting new people and making friends too?

I just got over the 60 days sober mark last week and feel so good about it and getting stronger day by day. I had a bit of bad news on Friday/Saturday - which in the past would have made me reach for the bottle of wine - but it didn't enter my head! For once I communicated openly with my husband, had a cry (which I rarely do) and tried to work through it together not 'cover it up' and keep it all inside with the drink. It just makes me even more determined to keep going. I'm sure you can do it too if you take it day by day. Please stay in touch with us here and let us know how you're doing.

Big hugs,

Almath