Thread: Mental Block
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
I dont sleep much. I have such a strong will with everything but alcohol! What in the crap is going on with me. I work well, I am in good physical condition, I love life but why do I have to drink....I know its my situation but it baffles me how I have come to this. Dub
Hi Dub,

You are an alcoholic.......that is what is going on with you. Lack of sleep is due to alcohol dependance and withdrawal as your blood alcohol levels drop.

There are many alcoholics who have a house, spouse, great job, kids, car and still die from alcoholism.

But having all the good things in life doesn't matter if you are dead just as losing it all doesn't matter if you are dead.

You could spend the rest of your life trying to work out how it has come to this but you will never find an answer, because there is none.

But you can recover. There is a solution in working the 12 Steps of AA which will remove your mental obsession to drink. I hope you can find it in yourself to finally surrender - I know that old sponsor of yours is just waiting for your call.
Take care