View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
PrimalScream

Originally Posted by armaviva View Post
I don't know what you mean by "i've done that" but maybe you should let them know that you do have a problem. maybe they will actually be supportive? don't worry about hurting their feelings, if not drinking is what is best for you i would think your loved ones would want that for you as well...?
Thanks armaviva, most of my friends and family know I have a problem with drinking to much...but it is ok with them...I think it makes them feel better knowing I have less control than them...probably makes them feel like at least they don't drink as much as me or something. When I go out and don't drink all they want me to do is drink and they can't understand why I won't have a beer, believe me I have been there done that...but then they are not alcoholics so of course they wouldn't understand...or maybe they are and just don't think about it like that. I have many people in my extended family and friends that drink excessively their whole life and never think they have a problem. maybe it is only when you have a higher conciseness that you realize alcohol controls you...if you can't realize that then you don't have a problem right?