View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
armaviva

I know what you mean about telling yourself the rational answers and not quite believing them, I'm sure a lot of people here can relate to that.

-Alcoholism is progressive. while you may feel like others have it worse than you... I would give my right arm to be able to prevent someone to getting to the point I am at. SR is here to give you support and encouragement, we want to do that for you because we've been there/are there.

-A hallmark of an alcoholic is feeling like ****. Continue to put some distance between you and your last drink and the guilt and remorse will fade out. Drinking and consequently being hungover and feeling like **** only continues the vicious cycle. If you mean physically feeling like ****, that will gradually fade out too.

-Very few can defeat the beast on their own, I've found SR to be a great source of encouragement and support, which we all need. By all means, if SR is a "crutch" for you, utilize it until you can stand on your own two feet.

-EVERYONE deserves help. No one would ever tell you otherwise.

I just wanted to offer some reinforcement, hopefully it helps. Feel better Alba.