View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
DMKK

Originally Posted by tpen View Post
We both feel like we over-reacted, but the flip the coin over. What if a person broke up with you over this type of situation, and you really thought about it and felt it wasn't worth losing. The key word is "thought". I don't think they think like we do. Or, in an A's case, they simply find another victim and feel no different because they love the bottle more anyways.
Yeah I mean I was definitely looking the other way or even at times covering for her and not telling friends or family about the episodes she had when drinking. The problems were the times that it happened in front of other people, then there wasn't much that could be done.

No, I don't think they think like us. I mean anyone who could lie and cheat is just a different type of human being, in my opinion. I understand that in some cases the alcohol is an affliction and they can't control it, or choose not to...

I think it's a great point though that if they have the means, leaving for a new guy is great for them because it is a total fresh start, without guilt of drinking, all the past fights/episodes can get wiped clean, etc. Unless they change though I have to assume the problems will come back in the new relationship too. And maybe she will straighten up but I have my doubts. I just wish she would have been willing to try for me, but she chose the fresh start and the drinking.