Thread: Can I vent???
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Omega10

I totally understand what you are going through. My Mom is on kumadin (sp?) which is a blood thinner. I don't think she should be on it, or that her dose is incorrect. Every time I see her she has a fresh set of nasty looking bruises on her and it is heartbreaking to see it. I have told her to tell her doctor to get her off the meds, but to be honest I think she is kind of scared of him. The problem with the "free" healthcare system in Ontario is that it is next to impossible to switch doctors since they are only allowed to have a certain number of patients at a time and most doctors cannot accept new patients. Apparently there is a new doctor in her area that is accepting patients, but every time I talk to her about it I get a fresh excuse as to why she cannot fill out the application to become a patient of the new doctor. I am very concerned, but she is stubborn and will do what she wants when she wants to. I just keep a watchful eye on her, listen to her, and hope that she will be okay. My brothers and Aunt do the same thing.