Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

FarmVille started as a cute way to spend 10 minutes when I had a little time to waste. And somehow it kinda took over. I was spending 3 or 4 hours on it a day, it wasn't fun, it was causing me stress (OMG!! My fake strawberries will fake die if I don't fake harvest them and it will cost fake money to do this. And I'd get all stressed out... and it wasn't even fake stress). I never invited people to the game because I hate getting all those invitations but when one of my friends would add FarmVille I'd get p!ssed off if they wouldn't add me as a friend or send me gifts or whatever. So a few days ago I quit.

And since I blocked Farmville from posting on my news feed I basically don't go on Facebook much. Once or twice a day maybe, check in with a couple friends... ya know, the way Facebook was meant to be used.

Close friend of mine's grandmother died Thursday night (while his 2-year-old daughter was at the ER with a 104-degree fever, no less... now that's a bad night). My grandfather died in December and I was so stressed out and furious at everything and really, really, REALLY close to just deciding to f*** it all off and go get some dope that I hardly ever acknowledged it. Even at his funeral I was just kinda there, it didn't really phase me. So now, 3 months later and doing much better, it kinda hit me when my friend called to tell me about his grandmother. It's been a long couple of days. I guess grief like that is a luxury for people who have their minds in a decent state. When you're a complete mess it's just one more thing to heap on the pile.

3 consecutive days, 20-ish miles, and 2 really sore calves (the body part, not the farm animal :P). My walks are going well, mostly. Yesterday I slipped in the mud, caught my foot on a tree root and twisted my knee and ankle. I think it might have been alright but I was 3 miles from the car. No amount of tylenol could help, but I still made it 7.7 miles in under 3 hours today.