Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

Hey Kerbie,

I got sober and when my head was just coming out of my butt at 60-days. I finally could see that my husband was in a full blown prescription addiction. Which, explains why his drinking slowed down over the previous year. For the most part, I hid my drinking from him. He knew I drank, but not the full extent of it. I knew he was on pain medications, I did not know he had multiple doctors - We fooled eachother - and, at the same time, nobody.

Anyway, got two guys from AA to come over. Dropped them off and I left for coffee. They (THANK YOU AL & CHARLIE) talked him into going to the hospital where he stayed for four days before going to rehab.

When he came back from rehab, he was a changed man. He was excited about recovery. Over the next 8 months he did ---- Nothing. Didn't keep a sponsor, didn't work steps etc... He finally just stopped going all together. I thought, well, that's Okay. AA isn't for everyone.

Well, I highly suspected drug use had started up again. Everything was a mess. I was growing - He was not. So, he's been gone two months now and I know he's drinking again. I'm still unsure about drugs.

I'm afraid I'll have to get back to you on how this seperation is affecting my kids. They seem fine. But, seriously, at two months - There's no telling how it's going to effect them just yet. I can say I'm doing my best to shield them and I'm making sure their routine hasn't changed anymore than it has to.