View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

Originally Posted by DMKK View Post
It's still tough on me because we are not talking an out-and-out "drinking all the time" person here...Sure she had some issues with overdoing it quite often when she drank, and she did drink more than your average person, though it wasn't like she was a wake up and drink type of person ever, so now I just have to sit here, as I am in no contact, alone, and envision her happy having a blast with the new guy, and her new life.
I'm wondering about this. I think you are having a hard time with the whole "alcoholic" concept. Why do you think that is? Have you thought about that?

About you being alone, and her having a blast, realize that your alone time is yielding you some good stuff. Reflection and self-examination, time to develop some new friends or interests, and think forward to what you would have your life be if you could just choose one. She is missing out on many, many things. If she is indeed having a blast, it is superficial (given what kind of person I think she likely is). Who wants that?

"the unexamined life is not worth living" socrates