Thread: I do not know
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Twitcher, not sure what you mean when you ask for someone in the UK for advice - whether that means specific feedback on options for meetings or just the general idea of talking with someone nearby for the similarity in context. There are some people somewhere in the UK who come in here regularly, I think your post will be spotted by them. Aside from UK, I haven't counted how many English-speaking countries we hear from here, but I think I have noticed someone from every continent. That includes AA and other approaches. And the regional differences haven't made much "difference," it seems, when it comes to relating to the inner experience you read on the page. I don't feel equipped to give advice about AA, but I do know that "don't drink just for today" (and then again and again) is what you will always hear. I understand it now much better than in the past. I know that AA learnings make their way into the minds of people that don't go the meetings, because we say a lot of the same things. I don't know if he repeated what he himself had heard, but one of my friends here (who does use AA) said we all only get a daily reprieve from drinking regardless of when we stopped. That added clarity to my understanding too. Hope you will keep coming back here and possibly give a meeting a try again if you think it will be helpful.