Old 04-07-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vegibean

OMG Andi, Ugh!!!! I worked briefly at a place where the dispatcher drank so much on his down time that he had the shakes all day at work. The girl that I worked closely with was in and out of the bathroom, running out of the office to run "errands" and would take naps in the conference room or back of the office because of her hangovers. She'd also show up to work hungover and she wreaked of alcohol.

I was still in rehab at the time, part of the program was to start working before they "graduated" you from rehabilitation and I would get back "home" (my rehab) and report to my counselor on the day's events with those two.

Watching them made me grateful that I wasn't there any more, at least the suffering part. Other employees in the office made disparaging remarks in regards to their behavior. The girl was horrible. At one point she asked if she could live with me (Eeeeeek!!!!!!!!) because she couldn't afford her place any more, her electric I know for a fact was shut off on her...........NO WAY!!!!! Of course she'd invite me to go party with her as well. She was also a mental wreck, again, glad I wasn't there any more.

That job didn't last long. I quit while I was still in rehab so I could go find ANOTHER job because as well as the girl was a mess, she also constantly was yelling, attacking, rude, had no boundaries and was just off the wall. I just refused to subject myself to that any longer.

I wish you the best, I would think seeking a different place of employment might be better for you???? I don't know that I could have continued there. That girl was also supposed to be quitting and every week she'd show up and say "I'm going to be here another week." I couldn't wait any longer. What a mess!!! LOL!!!