View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
WilsonSmith

One question for everyone.
Is it just the alcohol or are a pleasure repceptors all messed up. ie. for short term buzzes?
When I was a teenager a smoked cannabis very heavily and would have said I was addicted, at the time I thought it was great, a drug you can't overdose on and not physically addictive. I did scratch around on the carpet trying to find crumbs desperatly sometimes though. To be honest when I stopped I started heavily instead, one think the cannabis did was rob my sex drive completly and I wanted to have fun with being a college.
What I'm saying is somethings I tend to have done quite compulsivly but then again others not, I've taken cocaine and ecstacy but they never got a grip on me and it was only ever a something for the weekend thing.
My father is a drinker but also a workoholic, and I thing that work saves him from the drink in some ways. He says he doesn't want to retire even though he has the money and I think what he would be bad if he retired so maybe it is him being clever?
Has any one found you have switched to other things after quitting? Not drugs but maybe work, art, exercise or something like that and you get your buzz from that?