View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
greeneyedlady

[QUOTE=yeahgr8;2561967]I went out with a drink a couple of weeks ago with a guy that is over here and was introduced to me, the convo came up and he asked about drinking, said yeah but did you ever drink? I said yes...he paused and said well no-one that has drunk before stops drinking without a good reason do they? I said go on and he tried to bale out and said sorry so i said i dont mind you are on to something there, carry on...anyways he kind of guessed and i said yup im an alcoholic thats why i dont drink anymore and had a great night...heard from him since and he doesn't think im a 2 headed monster!

QUOTE]

That is something that I haven't really struggled with yet, but I presume I will. Some part of me feels weird telling my friends that I have a problem - when I have been in situations where people have asked, I've responded with "I'm taking a vacation from drinking." and have followed up with something like, "I felt a little out of control so I've decided to stop for a bit." Either way, I'm telling people that this is a temporary thing - and not a permanent lifestyle change. It's like I'm embarrassed to admit I have a problem to the people that I'm close to. I don't know how much longer the "vacation" excuse will get me by before someone starts asking the hard questions...