View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
crzylilmndfreak

[QUOTE=Che;

[I]****** Those months were strange. I live with people who drink a lot too. Not in a problematic way, like myself, but the types who will leave a beer bottle in the bathroom after they've had a bath, or have wine bottles on the kitchen counter 24/7. They'll offer me a drink constantly. They don't know I had a problem, and I don't tell them, so all I do is reject their offers. I make it through all the hard events... Saying no to someone's home brew when I've gone to their house, saying no to some fancy 40 year old scotch or whatever it was on a family member's 85th birthday. It was kind of annoying, but it was no big deal.****[/I]
If it was "no big deal" then why are you mentioning it? To me it sounds like this is a form a denial,
Maybe if you were a bit more honest with these people, and told them about your problem, they would not leave beer bottles in the bathroom, or wine glasses on the counter, if not, maybe you need to reconsider your friends
[/B]

[I] I've quit alcohol again, and I'm fine. For the most part, I don't even think about it.
really?

[I][I]
[I]I'm not stupid, I knew that this was not a healthy means of dealing with my problems. I could list all the excuses I wanted, that my friends kept inviting me to drink, that every family dinner involves drinking, that I can't look almost anywhere in the house without seeing someone's alcohol, that my friends who claim they're trying to quit smoking have said so about a million times. But in the end it lies on me. I have to take responsibility for myself because that's what I believe in. I hate when people give excuses for things they could have overcome. I'm not trying to give excuses with what I'm writing here, I'm trying to say none of this stuff I'm saying matters

oh i think it does

[I], and I'm fine. For the most part, I don't even think about it.

sure 'bout that?

That's why this forum makes me want to drink. I'm bored, and I decide to read it, and then suddenly I find that I've been thinking about alcohol for the last 3 hours. .

Then stop that, stop reading here, thats the only thing tht makes sense here, really

I'll tell you why I quit alcohol this time. It's not cause of my liver, or my brain this time. It's because it's embarrassing. I feel like the fact that my local liquor store recognizes my face and knows what I like is enough reason never to drink again. I feel like the fact that I've been keeping a secret from probably my best friend, at least someone I talk to daily about almost everything, is embarrassing and pathetic. Her birthday is at the end of this month, and I want to know for myself that I haven't drink in over a month when that day comes. I want to do what I said I would do, which was not to let alcohol be a part of my life[B]. I think defining my life by being sober is letting alcohol be a part of my life, almost as bad as drinking it. Sobriety isn't a way of life. It's just the normal state of being, damn it. I will be who I want to be, when I want to be. I want to accomplish things, and sobriety is not an accomplishment

you may want to reconsider this,..To me and many others here, sobriety is a HUGE accomplishment