View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Hi mimi, welcome to SR, I would suggest listening to intention, she gives some good solid advice based upon my own experience, I have never had an eating disorder, one of my daughters is a recovering anorexic and our programs run along the same lines, we speak about powerlessness, she always points out to me that my alcoholism is easier to deal with because it is total abstinance where as her anorexia is the opposite. I have to agree with her, but the solution is still found in the steps.

Be open & honest with your presenet sponsor, she may be able to help with the eating disorder, she may suggest you work with an OA sponsor for the eating issue. If you are honest with her I am sure she will be honest with you.

You would not be the first person to have more then one sponsor, I know one guy who has an OA sponsor & an AA sponsor & he has had both problems under control for years.

I personally have used the steps not only for quitting drinking, but smoking as well, one of my sponsees is an alcoholic/addict and only uses AA for his recovery.

Keep in mind none of us are alone, even though we are all different we have found a common solution.