View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Oh yes........ promises never kept, my wife heard them for many years, so many years that her & the kids got a place & were getting ready to move when I finally put myself into detox!

When I came out of detox instead of immediate support I got "We will see!". Looking back I understand why, I had made & broke those promises so often they meant nothing, action I have found speaks so much louder then words.

I had to stay sober for myself, I had no assurances that my family was going to stay with me, what I did know was that if I continued to drink I was assured a slow LONELY death from my alcoholism.

I was at the point where I was willing to do what ever it took to stay sober! In detox they told us if we wanted a chance to stay sober we should go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days & get a sponsor. I did just that!

My sponsor & other old timers told me if I wanted a chance at long term solid sobriety I needed to take the steps with my sponsor & apply them daily to all areas of my life.

Well that was all 3 1/2 years ago & I have not one single regret except not having woke up earlier.